Oxford Dictionaries added a bunch of new words to their online database . . . and we're basically turning the English language into a lame celebrity gossip blog. Here are the ten dumbest additions and their definitions.
1. Side boob. The side part of a woman's breast, as exposed by a revealing item of clothing.
2. YOLO. "You only live once," the view that one should make the most of the present moment.
3. Adorbs. Arousing great delight, cute or adorable.
4. Hot mess. A person or thing that is spectacularly unsuccessful or disordered.
5. Throw shade. To publicly criticize or express contempt for someone.
6. Amazeballs. Very impressive, enjoyable, or attractive.
7. Bro hug. A friendly embrace between two men.
8. Cray. An abbreviation for "crazy."
9. FML. [Eff] my life! To express dismay at a frustrating personal situation.
10. Douchebaggery. Obnoxious or contemptible behavior.
Luckily they're just new entries in Oxford's online database . . . NOT the Oxford English Dictionary itself. Words need to have more historical, significant impact before they're added to the actual dictionary.