Sure, mustard and relish are nice … but why not kick up your hot dog with some new toppings? Men’s Health magazine offers these four hot dog toppings to try:
- The Chicagoan: Chopped onion, tomato slices, yellow mustard, sweet relish, a dill pickle spear, sport peppers, and a dash of celery salt.
- The Sonoran: Avocado slices, mayo, chopped tomatoes, crispy bacon, chopped onion, and canned pinto beans.
- The Olympian: Spinach sauteed with chopped garlic in olive oil, a brushing of Greek yogurt, and a squeeze of lemon.
- The Frenchie: Dijon mustard, blue cheese, and a sprinkling of herbes de Provence.
BEST BURGER JOINTS IN THE U.S.
There’s no better time to celebrate the All-American burger than on July 4th. And with that in mind, here are the best burger joints in America – as ranked by the users of TripAdvisor.com:
Top 10 Burger Restaurants in the U.S.:
- Black Hills Burger and Bun Co. − Custer, South Dakota
- Nic's Grill − Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Sparky's − Hatch, New Mexico
- Grill-A-Burger − Palm Desert, California
- MEAT Eatery and Taproom − Islamorada, Florida
- Brook's Gourmet Burgers and Dogs − Naples, Florida
- Mussel & Burger Bar − Louisville, Kentucky
- Big D's Downtown Dive − Roswell, New Mexico
- Casper & Runyon's Nook − Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Village Burger - Waimea, Hawaii