The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists traveling on the PA Turnpike (Interstate 76) that they may experience delays due to intermittent, 15-minute traffic paces scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 15 and Saturday, Aug. 17.
On Thursday, Aug, 15, from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m., motorists travelling eastbound on I-76 between the Morgantown Interchange, Exit 298, Berks County, and the Downingtown Interchange, Exit 312, Chester County, may experience delays due to traffic paces scheduled from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m.
On Saturday, Aug, 17, from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m., motorists travelling westbound on I-76 between the Downingtown Interchange, Exit 312, Chester County and the Morgantown Interchange, Exit 298, Berks County, may experience delays due to traffic paces schedules from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m.
During the paces, Turnpike maintenance and state police vehicles will restrict Turnpike traffic to a speed of 20-25 miles an hour.
The paces are necessary for the protection of motorists and workers so crews can safely set bridge beams. The bridge, which carries Milford Road over the Turnpike, crosses I-76 at milepost 309.19 in Chester County.
Motorists in the area should be prepared for slow-moving traffic and possible stoppages. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 on your mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download athttps://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, inactive conditions map; view athttps://www.paturnpike.com/webmap