Summer is almost here which means a lot of parents will be packing up the car, and the kids, and heading out on a road trip. And while there are some things that are great about a road trip, there are also a lot of stresses that come with it.
A new survey of parents with kids 10 and under finds:
- The average parent gets overwhelmed five hours into a road trip with their kids.
- But even with the stress, 24% would rather go on a trip with their kids by car rather than flying.
- That could be because 65% of parents say it’s easier to keep their kids comfortable in a car.
- For 70% of parents, the hardest part about road tripping with their kids is keeping up with their messes.
- 59% say it’s difficult to clean up messes on the go.
- 41% say bathroom accidents are the most common messes on road trips.
- But there are some things parents swear by to make road trips with kids easier.
- They include:
- Toys (38%)
- Snacks (38%)
- Electronic devices (35%)
- Video games (35%)
- Playing car games (35%)
- And while it isn’t easy, 69% of parents say traveling is more fun with their kids than without.
- 71% say they take their kids on all their trips.
- 72% say trips are a great way to bond with their kids without distractions.
Source: SWNS Digital